Business Development Director
EVP, Business and Account Development
The Business Development and Marketing Director is responsible for developing and implementing clear communications, marketing and sales strategies for agreed agency objectives. This role will assist in identifying, evaluating and recommending marketing opportunities consistent with new business objectives, and support client relations through researching, and managing, writing and editing RFP’s. The Director collaborates with the EVP, Business and Account Development on communications with potential business partners and clients, maintains the company’s online presence and marketing materials, and works closely with the various team members across the agency to ensure a consistent revenue stream and forecasting.
This is not a sales job! It’s a job for a talented and efficient writer who simply knows how to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams while managing lead generation activities, and social media presence and channels.
- Manage the proposal process, from initial assessment of leads and opportunities through delivery of RFP responses, proposals, and all materials and logistics related to new business in a timely manner.
- Guide new business initiatives from the lead/opportunity phase through the proposal phase up to the contract phase
- Develop prospect lists, analyze opportunities and collaborate with account teams to transition new clients to the agency.
- Research prospective clients’ business and brand, understanding and communicating the business and marketing challenges of prospects.
- Leads or works in conjunction with the EVP, to cultivate prospects and build relationships, including interfacing with prospective and/or current clients, and presentation of agency services.
- Manage key marketing data integrated with Salesforce to forecast pipeline and analysis reporting
- Review and edit materials for compliance, messaging, completeness, and work closely with various staff on required formatting in a timely manner.
- Attends industry events to build company presence and generate qualified leads
- Assist in the execution of the annual marketing plan and budget
- Manages campaigns and systematic outreach with results metrics
- Maintains RFP database and new business presentations
- Updates and maintains agency website including copy and minor graphic updates
- Organize trade shows, and internal/external events
- Manages the workflow and provide guidance, leadership and category expertise to peers and peer groups.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations for assigned staff.
- Develop, mentor, and coach staff to while building/elevating skills sets
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field
- 6-8 years of experience in an agency or marketing organization
- Managerial experience
- Demonstrated success in business development including knowledge of the marketing and sales process, and developing professional relationships with prospects, nonprofit organizations preferred
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including preparation and delivery of presentations.
- Experience with CRM systems preferably Salesforce
- Demonstrated skills in managing multiple projects, coordinating across multiple disciplines and teams, delivering successfully to challenging deadlines, adapting with flexibility and a positive attitude to changing requirements and executing with quality and creativity.
- Proactive selling skills
- Analytical experience, especially in monitoring effectiveness versus defined metrics