We are currently seeking a motivated WordPress Developer to build interfaces for our clients’ websites, as well as the technical framework behind them. Our clients are true visionaries and their organizations change lives. Their missions, constituencies, and challenges are often complex.
This role will work with designers and digital strategists to make sure our interactive projects have optimal functionality, engaging user experience and that branding is balanced with innovation and completed within budget. As a developer at Lipman Hearne, you’ll be responsible for building websites for our clients on the WordPress platform, code emails, banner ads, and landing pages that feed to CRM systems such as Slate and Salesforce. Projects will involve custom Drupal development, and web projects are executed on the LAMP stack. We value collaboration; strong communication skills – both written and verbal – are a must.
The ideal candidate must be a skilled programmer and a creative thinker who is on top of industry and cultural trends.
- Participate in discussions with our clients to determine technical requirements for their projects
- Review site maps, wireframes, and design documents for technical feasibility
- Review design documents and wireframe annotations for WCAG/ADA concerns; make recommendations for amelioration
- Initialize development and staging environments for our web projects—an understanding of (and experience with) hosting LAMP-stack websites in Amazon Web Services is a definite plus
- Work with creative team members to prototype functional solutions to client challenges
- Collaborate closely with visual designers, digital and account strategists, other developers, and project managers to create and execute optimal user experiences
- Build websites in basic HTML, in PHP, and in WordPress
- Maintain your code in a version-control repository—Git is strongly preferred
- Fine-tune your code for optimal speed, accessibility, mobile response, and SEO
- Deploy tracking and analytics code, such as Google Analytics and Facebook pixels, via Google Tag Manager
- Proactively look forward to new value-added opportunities and technologies
- Share your knowledge. The agency employs people across a wide continuum of disciplines and practice. You are encouraged to contribute to our blog, to participate in informal information-sharing sessions (brown-bag lunches), and to speak up during kickoff meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience in related field.
- 4+ years experience in Web Development
- Experience in creating WordPress websites, plugins and building user interfaces for web applications
- Comfortable working with WordPress “starter” themes/frameworks — UnderStrap and Genesis, for example
- Experience with responsive development, and comfort using common front-end libraries, such as Bootstrap, to execute them
- Facility with the Advanced Custom Fields plugin for WordPress
- Experience working with external APIs; an understanding of the Salesforce API is a plus
- Experience creating WordPress Gutenberg blocks (either by writing your own JSON, or via ACF)
- Manage repo deployments to multiple environments
- Experience with source control, GIT, and/or SVN
- Experience with AWS components (S3, EC2, RDS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Certificate Manager) a plus
- Working knowledge of HTML5 animation for banner ads and websites; an understanding of the GreenSock animation library, a plus
- Experience developing HTML emails that look great in modern email clients and degrade gracefully in older email clients
- Experience creating custom Drupal modules and familiarity with themes/integrations.
- Understanding of how to SSH into a server (Unix command line, set up LAMP stack, diagnose server errors) a plus
- Experience with a ticketing system and workflow tracking, such as Basecamp, Jira, or DoneDone; a plus
- Experience in implementing a tagging structure for measurement with Google Analytics; an understanding of how to deploy custom tracking scripts via Google Tag Manager a definite plus
Please provide links to your online portfolio and any other applicable representations of your talents.