Executive Creative Director
We’re looking for a creative leader that brings inspiration, insight and innovative concepts to all creative disciplines.
The Executive Creative Director will drive a creative vision across multiple teams to create and produce award-winning solutions for clients. This role works collaboratively, and thinks conceptually and strategically about campaigns, branding and design with the ability to transform fresh ideas into actionable and modern concepts. The ECD is responsible for pitching to prospective and existing clients, and represents the agency as the senior creative to internal teams, clients, and the industry.
- Overall responsibility for agency Creative Services department; establish agency “creative tone and pace.”
- Lead creative team in conceptualization and design of all content. Includes website, digital and social marketing, video storytelling, identity/logo, advertising, and print collateral.
- Attract, recruit, nurture, and mentor creative talent with focus on growing their concepting, communication and cross-team collaboration skills to enhance the agency’s creative capabilities.
- Make staffing, professional development, and compensation recommendations. Provide guidance to direct reports and find ways to grow responsibilities and skill sets of senior Creative Services staff.
- Foster positive, collaborative, and productive relationships between and within Creative Services and other client-facing units. Encourage strong collaborative relationships with account management, media services, and research teams.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to the Creative Service’s processes to ensure best practices and utilization of innovative new technologies.
- Develop and present impactful presentations to pitch existing and prospective clients.
- Work with Director of Project Management to maintain external professional relationships to assure ongoing availability of specialized expertise, gifted freelancers, and reputable studios/producers when their services are needed.
- Stay abreast of industry news and best practices to maintain a deep understanding of the current visual communications landscape and emerging trends.
- Serve as an industry recognized leader in experience design trends and methodologies through speaking and producing thought leadership assets
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, graphic design, visual design or equivalent
- 15+ years of experience in an agency setting preferred
- 5+ years experience leading a cross-functional creative team in an agency environment required
- Ability to conceptualize and turn an idea into a fully integrated, successful campaign
- Exceptional leadership skills to produce breakthrough work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Understanding of the production process for initiatives of various sizes across multiple media platforms from video, web, mobile, experiential and social
- Ability to craft and deliver compelling presentations that sell ideas and expand client relationships
- Provide clear and objective critiques of creative work during development
- Proven mentoring and team-building skills
- Proven track record of business growth both new and organic
- Proven ability to be flexible and adaptive to an ever changing and competitive creative landscape
- Proficient to expert in: Adobe Creative Cloud, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office.