Executive Creative Director
We are seeking a Junior Designer who is passionate about doing meaningful work for nonprofits including higher education, cultural institutions, associations, and foundations.
As a Junior Designer at Lipman Hearne, you work on innovative and beautiful design across print, digital and motion. You strive for continuous improvement and stay abreast of current design trends to meet the evolving needs of our clients. You are relentlessly positive and actively seek constructive feedback as an opportunity for growth and to help make your aesthetically beautiful work more strategically targeted.
The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of design principles, especially typography and branding, across both digital and print formats.
- Support art directors & copywriters to ideate multiple concepts that address client goals.
- Apply design principles to create intuitive and elegant solutions across multiple channels.
- Conceptualize and design print and digital assets which may include advertising, logos, brochures, presentations, social media and web design.
- Interpret brand guidelines in a uniquely compliant way.
- Present concepts internally to the creative team and other internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand budgets and timelines and learn about the production and digital development processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Design, Graphic Design, related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 1-3 years design experience, preferably in a creative environment such as an advertising agency, design firm, or in-house creative team.
- Elegant skills in composition, typography, and color
- A commitment to high-quality standards
- An understanding of functionality, usability, and the use of grids in the design process
- A thorough command of Adobe Creative Suite InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat
- Knowledge of XD a plus
- Basic animation skills a plus
- Knowledge Microsoft software a plus
- Organized and efficient with a strong attention to detail and the ability to follow direction and execute on feedback.
- Comfortable being both self-directed and collaborative in a team environment
Please submit cover letter, resume, and link to your portfolio. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered. Local candidates ONLY.