Business Development Director
We are looking for a dynamic, marketing specialist who is detail oriented and a strong writer to join our marketing team.
The marketing specialist is responsible for planning and implementing initiatives to support the agency’s marketing and new business functions. This role focuses on overall marketing efforts and is integral to scheduling and planning projects to attract new client leads through various communication channels, managing the agency’s social media presence, partnering with internal colleagues for proposal content and managing logistics for conferences and events. The marketing specialist will assist in identifying, evaluating and recommending marketing and new business opportunities consistent with new business objectives.
- Maintain and grow the agency’s prospective client database (via Salesforce). Implement marketing campaigns to identify and engage new prospects.
- Monitor performance and create Salesforce reports to capture established metrics.
- Provide daily monitoring of incoming opportunities for the agency (includes checking for RFP solicitations via the Lipman Hearne inbox and other sites)
- Manage the agency’s social media presence, including our postings to LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Monitor and create performance reports.
- Manage the agency website’s Insights page. Develop content, independently and in partnership with agency colleagues.
- Assist in the development and organization of proposals and presentations, including writing, proofreading, formatting and editing as necessary.
- Responsible for purchasing of marketing collateral and reconciliation of invoices to budget.
- Prepare marketing materials and informational kits to support new business efforts, including portfolio pages, as requested by staff or client inquiries.
- Coordinate logistics for Marketing events and conferences, including venue selection, catering, set-up or facilitation of audio-visual equipment, and event displays.
- Coordinate and lead content development for key internal meetings (all staff meetings, external advisory board meetings) and assist with other marketing activities and as assigned.
- Stay abreast of current trends and the latest technological advances in the Higher Ed and Nonprofit marketing spaces.
- Customer service focused, willing to assist when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in an advertising/marketing/sales organization required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Salesforce CRM is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- An ability to plan and manage multiple projects and meet established deadlines.
- Able to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work evening/weekend hours as necessary.
For consideration, please submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample. Submissions without writing samples will not be considered.